welcoming, gracious, obliging, accommodating.
2. considered, deliberate, deliberated, well-thought-out; prudent, careful, circumspect, circumspective,
consideration, n. 1. attention, notice, heed, advertency; observation, examination, inspection, scrutiny, review; advisement, consultation.
2. deliberation, reflection, contemplation, speculation, thought; meditation, rumination, cogitation, musing; forethought, premeditation.
3. thoughtfulness, kindliness, kind-heartedness; compassion, sympathy, patience, forbearance; friendliness, benevolence, beneficence, generosity; attentiveness, concern, solicitude.
4. recompense, compensation, emolument, perquisite, remuneration, fee, payment; gratuity, tip, Fr. pourboire.
5. importance, import, significance, value; consequence, weight, moment.
6. estimation, esteem, honor, reverence, regard, respect, admiration.
considering, prep, bearing in mind, keeping in view, in view of, in light of, taking into consideration, taking into account, making allowance for.
consign, v. 1. hand over, deliver, transfer, convey; remand, remit; give over, resign, yield; entrust, assign, delegate, relegate; bequeath, leave to, commend to, refer to, confide to; deposit with, commission, authorize.
2. Commerce, send, post, mail, ship, dispatch, freight, transmit,
consignment, n. delivery, transferal, giving over, relinquishment; entrustment, assignment, trust, delegation, relegation, bequest; commission, warrant, mandate; office, mission, errand, task,
consignor, n. merchant, vendor, seller; transmitter, shipper, dispatcher; shipping or freight company, transfer company,
consist, v. 1. Usu.
consist in be comprised in, be contained in, be constituted by; inhere in, lie in.
consist of be composed of, be made up of, be made from or with, be formed of; contain, hold, embrace, incorporate, involve, embody.
consist with harmonize, agree, accord with, conform; be compatible, be consistent, jibe, fit in with, go along with; accommodate, suit, befit, become.
consistency, n. 1. coherence, holding together, retention of form, maintenance of solidity or firmness; density, firmness, thickness, viscosity.
2. adherence, attachment, devotion, constancy, faithfulness, fidelity, fealty, loyalty, allegiance; compliance, obedience, abidance, acquiescence, concurrence.
3. agreement, harmony, accordance, concordance; congruity, correspondence, consonance, compatibility, correlation, conformity.
consistent, adj. 1. agreeing, accordant, concordant, compatible, congruous, consonant, harmonious, conformable.
2. undeviating, true to type, steady, dependable, regular; uniform, identical, selfsame, unchanging.
3. cohering, adhering, clinging, tenacious, persistent; devoted, faithful, loyal, Inf. tried and true.
consistently, adv. 1. unswervingly, staunchly, firmly, faithfully, resolutely, unfailingly, without fail, dependably.
2. steadily, repeatedly, regularly, over and over, day in and day out, like clockwork,
consolation, n. 1. comfort, pity, sympathy, compassion, commiseration, condolence, solace.