omission, n. 1. exception, exclusion, noninclusion, preclusion, nonadmission; (all of a written text) deletion, cancellation, erasure; expurgation, bowdleriza-tion, censorship.
2. disregard, ignoring, overlooking, passing over, preterition; failure, dereliction, delinquency, default, nonfulfillment, neglect, negligence, Law. nonfeasance eschewal, avoidance.
3. oversight, miss, Inf. go-by; inadvertence, loose thread, (pi.) paralipomena; gap, break, hiatus, lacuna, interval; mistake, error, fault, flaw, slip, Inf slip-up, Inf. miscue, Obs. balk.
omit, v. 1. except, exclude, leave out; miss, give a miss, fail to mention; overlook, pass over, skip, jump; ignore, disregard, pay no attention to; (all of a written text) delete, cancel, erase, expunge, eradicate, rub or blot out; edit, edit out, blue-pencil, strike, cross out, rule out, kill, cut.
2. neglect, forget, forget about, not think of, let slip, let slide, let go, SI. let ride, leave undone, not trouble oneself with; eschew, avoid, shun, shirk, abstain from, steer clear of.
omnibus, n. 1. bus, motorbus, autobus, coach, motor coach, double-decker, jitney, Trademark. Greyhound.
2. anthology, reader, collection, treasury; compilation, collectanea, chrestomathy, analects; miscellany, garland, ana; corpus, collected works, complete works, Fr. oeuvre.
-adj. 3. inclusive, comprehensive, sweeping, overall, across-the-board; encyclopedic, compendious, far-ranging, wide-ranging.
omnifarious, adj. omniform, omnigenous; multiform, multifold, manifold, multifarious, multitudinous, multiplex, multiphase, multiple; various, divers, of all shapes and sizes,
omnipotence, n. 1. almightiness, all-powerfulness.
2. supremacy, supreme or unlimited power, undisputed sway, divine right,
omnipotent, adj. 1. almighty, all-powerful, Rare. cunctipotent.
2. supreme, absolute, unlimited, plenipotent; sovereign, ruling, preeminent.
the Omnipotent God, Lord, Jehovah, the Almighty, the All Powerful, the Supreme Being, the Omniscient, God Almighty, Almighty God, the Eternal Being, the Creator, the Deity, the King of Kings,
omnipresent, adj. all-present; infinite, boundless, limitless; ubiquitous, universal, pervasive,
omniscient, adj. 1. all-knowing, all-wise, all-see
ing, all-perceiving; wise, sagacious, pansophic. -n. 2.
the Omniscient God, the Omnipotent. See - omnipotent (def 3).
omnium-gatherum, n. miscellany, medley, mishmash, hodgepodge. See - olio (defs. 2, 3).
omnivorous, adj. pantophagous, Rare, pampha- gous, all-devouring; greedy, rapacious, voracius, edacious, ravenous,
on, prep. 1. upon, in contract with, attached to, suspended from, hung from; around, about.
2. by, near, proximate to, next to, beside, in the direction of. -adv. 3. fast, firmly, securely, tightly, for dear life, close, onto.
4. onward, forward, ahead, before one, along, toward, beyond.
5. steadily, without ceasing, unceasingly, without interruption, continually, continuously; perseveringly, doggedly.