4. small, smallish, compact; protected, safe, secure, out of the wind.
5. smug, complacent, self-satisfied; exclusive, snobbish, clannish, cliquish, select, narrow.
6. goodly, adequate, ample, sufficient; good, excellent, nice, satisfactory, pleasing.
7. secret, private, covert, secluded, isolated; concealed, hidden, well-hidden; unknown, unseen, camouflaged, screened off. snuggle, v. nestle, cuddle, nuzzle, snug; curl up, scrunch up; squeeze together, hug, embrace; bundle, lie together. so, adv. 1. thus, thus and so, in this way, in this fashion, in this manner.
2. like that, that way, in that......state or condition.
3. very, extremely, considerably, Inf. damn well, Inf. terrifically, extraordinarily, enormously; very greatly, a lot, lots.
4. therefore, for this or that reason, hence; consequently, resultingly, that being the case, that being so, because of that, on that account.
5. certainly, indeed, truly, absolutely, positively, definitely.
6. also, too, additionally, likewise, correspondingly, similarly, in like manner. -adj. 7. true, positive, confirmed, factual, real, actual, Inf. for real; correct, accurate, truthful, soak, v. 1. saturate, drench, imbrue, immerse, souse, sop, wet, wet down; steep, seethe, marinate, ret.
2. permeate, pervade, riddle, infuse, penetrate, imbue, charge.
3. soak through seep, leak, drip, dampen; infiltrate, pass through, come through. soapy, adj. lathery, sudsy, foamy, frothy, bubbly, saponaceous. soar, v. 1. fly, take wing, wing one's way, take off, take to the air, volitate; sail, zoom, cruise, coast, sweep, skim, Inf. kite; glide, plane, volplane, sailplane; float, hover, drift, hang, poise, float in the air. 2. ascend, climb, rise, mount, tower, spire, Archaic. aspire, spiral, loom, sob, v. weep, cry, shed tears, boohoo; bawl, blubber, whimper, mewl, snivel, sniffle; moan, wail, ululate; lament, mourn, bewail, keen, sober, adj. 1. not intoxicated or drunk, temperate, teetotal, Inf sworn off, Sl. on the wagon or water wagon, Brit, on the water cart; prohibitionary, U.S. dry, blue-ribbon.
2. abstemious, habitually abstinent, nonindulgent; moderate, self-restrained, self-controlled; continent, celibate, chaste, virginal, virgin, pure; puritanical, puritan-like, austere, strict, severe; refraining, forbearing, desisting, self-depriving, self-mortifying; ascetic, self-denying, self-abnegating.
3. serious, earnest, solemn, formal; sedate, staid, reserved, dignified; poised, self-confident, self-assured, self-possessed; composed, cool, calm, collected, coolheaded; level-headed, equanimous, balanced; unruffled, imperturbable, unflustered, reposed, at ease; tranquil, peaceful, content, quiet, serene.
4. grave, crucial, decisive, vital, important, consequential; significant, considered, concerned, responsible; momentous, weighty, heavy, ponderous, massive; great, large, enormous, huge; vast, immense, magni-tudinous, extensive; deep, profound, intense.
5. subdued, quiet, soft, softened, mellow, toned down; gray, grayish, grayed, neutral; dull, dreary, mousy, drab; somber, dark, sad, gloomy, dun, heavy, leaden.
More Synonyms ...