feel for words, word sense, Ger. SprachgefUhl, Archaic. facundity; style, delivery, rhetoric, oratory; diction, elocution, locution; vocabulary, word choice, terminology; usage, grammar, syntax, word order, Linguistics. prosody; language, speaking, speech, speech pattern, parlance, tongue, Inf. lingo, Inf. talk; idiom, dialect, jargon, argot, cant, patois, Linguistics, idiolect. verbose, adj. wordy, prolix, loquacious, long-winded, longiloquent, multiloquent, multiloquous, voluble, effusive, fluent; talkative, glib, long-tongued, Inf. blessed with the gift of gab, mouthy, Inf. bigmouthed, SI. all jaw, SI. gassy, windy; chattering, chatty, gibbering, babbling, blabbering, blathering, jabbering, gabby; discursive, digressive, rambling, roving, meandering, wandering, aimless, pointless; periphrastic, pleonastic, tautological, repetitive, redundant, superfluous, profuse; circumlocutory, ambagious, circuitous, roundabout; plethoric, turgid, overblown, inflated, flatulent, tumid, swollen, bloated; magniloquent, grandiloquent, rhetorical, orotund, sonorous; bombastical; extravagant, euphuistic, florid, flowery, highflown, pretentious, pompous, high-sounding, Inf. highfalutin, Inf. high-hat. verbosity, n. 1. wordiness, verbality, verbalism, verbiage, prolixity, prolixness, loquacity, loquaciousness, long-windedness, longiloquence, multiloquence; overtalkativeness, talkativeness, glibness, loose tongue, Inf. gabbiness, Inf. gift of gab, Inf. windiness, Inf. gassiness, Inf. big mouth; magniloquence, grandiloquence, orotundity, sesquipedality, sesquipedale-anism, sesquipedalism.
2. discursiveness, digressiveness, circumlocution, ambagiousness, circuitousness, roundaboutness; periphrasis, periphrase, pleonasm, tautology, repetitiveness, redundancy, superfluousness, superfluity, profuseness, Inf. circumbendibus, Archaic, ambages.
3. turgidity, turgidness, turgescence, turgescency, tumidity, flatulence, inflatedness, Archaic, tympany; bombast, rodomontade, grandiosity, pomposity, extravagance, highflown language, floweriness, floridness. verdancy, n. 1. greenness, viridity, verdure, Bot. virescence, grassiness.
2. unsophisticatedness, unsophistication, simpleness, simplicity, artlessness, ingenuousness, guilelessness, naivetd, naiVeness, innocence; youthfulness, tenderness, immaturity, immatureness, callowness, freshness, salad days; inexperience, rawness, inexpertness, ignorance. verdant, adj. 1. verdurous, green, grassy, grass-covered, plant-covered.
2. green-colored, greenish, viridescent, virescent, emerald, bluish-green, greenish-blue, grue, aqua, aquamarine, sea-green, grass-green, olive-green, pea-green, glaucous.
3. unsophisticated, simple, artless, ingenuous, guileless, naive, innocent; young, youthful, tender, immature, callow, fresh, Inf. wet behind the ears, in one's salad days; inexperienced, raw, undisciplined, untrained, unpracticed, inexpert, unskilled, unlearned, unversed, ignorant. verdict, n. decision, final decision, judgment, adju-dition, Law. award, Sports, call; determination, resolution, settlement, arbitration, arbitrament; finding, conclusion, Law. opinion, ruling, Law. sentence, decree, edict, order, command. verdure, n. 1. grass, green vegetation, herbage, pasturage, pasture, grassland, grassy land, meadow, Archaic, mead, field; green, sward, greensward, turf, sod, artificial grass, Trademark. Astroturf; greenery, green foliage, leafage, Eng. Forest Law. vert.