9. (all of animals) herd, shepherd, tend, ride herd; drive, ride hard, ride into the ground.
10. unravel, come undone, come apart, come apart at the seams; snag, tear, rip.
11. amount, amount to, total, total up to, come to, come up to, add up to, mount up to, run to, run into, Inf tote or tote up to, Inf tot or tot up to; cost, sell for, bring, bring in, fetch, Inf set one back.
12. incur, amass, accumulate, run up; get, gain, acquire, contract, invite, bring, bring on; fall into, slip into, slide into; increase, raise, advance, extend, enlarge, Inf. boost, Inf. hike or hike up, Inf. up, Inf jack up.
13. drive, propel, force, thrust, lash, flog, push, shove, bulldoze, pile drive; impel, compel, press, prod, poke, goad.
14. convey, transport, ship, dispatch, smuggle, sneak, sneak in, bootleg, rustle, poach, shanghai.
15. run across come on or upon, come across, stumble upon or over, hit upon, chance upon, happen upon, find; encounter, meet, meet with, run into, cross the path of, Inf meet up with, Inf. come or run up against, Inf. bump into, Inf. run smack into.
16. run after pursue, follow, chase, chase after, give chase, make after, prowl after, Archaic, prosecute; shadow, haunt, trail, tread on the heels of, dog, hound, Inf. tail.
17. run down a. overturn, strike and fell, overrun, run over, ride down, trample, trample on or upon, trample underfoot, ride roughshod over; collide with, crash into, bang into, slam into, ram, bump, strike, knock down, hit and run, bump and run. b. track, track down, hunt, hunt down, stalk, trace; capture, catch, apprehend, collar, secure, take prisoner; seize, net., bag, ensnare, entrap, snatch, tackle, pounce upon. c. inspect, examine, peruse, view, study, look at, observe, survey, scan, look over, pass over, pore over. d. stop, shut off, shut down, break down, close down, give out, die; tire, get tired, weary, grow weary, flag, droop, play out, run out, burn out, Inf peter out, Sl. poop out; fail, sink, decline, weaken, languish, slip, fade, wane, go downhill, waste, waste away, wither, wither away, lose strength, fall off, fall away. e. badmouth, vilify, defame. See disparage (def. 3). f. discover, find, locate, determine; search out, trace, trace down, track down; hunt out, fish out, ferret out, spy out, smell or sniff out, nose out, follow the trail or scent of.
18. run out end, finish, cease, terminate, conclude, expire, close, come to a close, draw to a close, come to an end, wind up; go out, pass away, be no more, be all over, run its course, Inf. have it or have its time.
19. run out of exhaust, consume, expend, deplete, use up, eat up, finish, finish off.
20. run out on Informal, abandon, desert, forsake, Inf. leave high and dry, Inf. leave out in the cold, Inf. leave holding the bag, Inf. leave in the lurch.
21. run over a. run down, hit and knock down, knock down, ride over, override, overrun, trample, trample on or upon, trample underfoot, ride rougshod over; hit and run, bump and run. b. exceed, pass, surpass, transcend, go beyond; overreach, overgo, overpass, overlap, overshoot, overshoot the mark; overflow, flow over, spill, spill over, spill out, slosh, slop, well over, brim over. c. repeat, iterate, reiterate, recant, recapitulate, rehearse; reproduce, duplicate, echo, redo, do again, do over, say again, Sl. come again; review, rehash, summarize, sum up, go over or -n. 22. dash, sprint, stride, clip, race, career, speed, scud, swoop; burst, burst of speed, spurt; rush, plunge, headlong rush or plunge; scoot, scamper, scurry, scuttle.