tactic, n. 1.
tactics strategems, strategics, moves, maneuvers, military operation, Mil. campaign; generalship, military science, martial art; logistics, engineering, orchestration, coordination, masterminding; management, conducting, direction, Inf. quarterbacking, superintendence, supervision, oversight, handling, running, execution.
2. strategy, plan, battle plan, Inf. game plan, master plan, SI. scenario, outline, diagram, schema, chart, blueprint; program, schedule, timetable; scheme, plot, design, format, organization, arrangement; method, means, ways and means; policy, game, intent, approach.
-adj. 3. tactical, tactful, skillful, adroit, clever, artful, adept.
tactician, n. strategist, military strategist, mastermind; planner, plotter, schemer, intriguer, conspirer, conspirator, conspiratress; maneuverer, SI. operator, manipulator; diplomat, ambassador; politician, campaigner, campaign manager; manager, engineer, or-chestrator, coordinator, director, supervisor, overseer, Inf. quarterback.
tactile, adj. tactual, touchable, tangible, palpable, material, corporeal, substantial,
tactless, adj. undiplomatic, impolitic, inexpedient, injudicious, imprudent, unwise, ill-advised, inadvisable, unadvisable; ill-considered, hasty, rash, impetuous, brash, brashy, impertinent, impudent; inappropriate, malapropos, gauche, maladroit; ill-suited, unsuitable, unmeet, unbecoming, unseemly, improper, unladylike, ungentlemanly; blundering, clumsy, uncouth, awkward, SI. klutzy, embarrassing, bungle-some, unskillful, inept, stupid, Inf. dumb; frank, candid, outspoken, direct, straightforward, plain-spoken, blunt, to the point; brusque, abrupt, short, sharp, gruff; thoughless, inconsiderate, rude, impolite, uncivil, discourteous, disrespectful; offensive, disagreeable, unpleasant, unkind, unnice.
tag, n. 1. tab, stub, flap, lap, lappet, loop, ear; ticket, sticker, docket, price tag.
2. tatter, snip, snippet, rag, remnant, shred; sliver, slip, fragment, clipping, particle.
3. end, tail end, tail, butt, dock; fag end, tip, stub, stump, nib, extremity.
4. postscript, sequel, addendum, supplement, suffix; appendix, postfix, postlude, epilogue, codicil, rider, colophon; refrain, chorus; curtain line, conclusion, last words, parting shot; trailer, tail, queue, train, tailpiece, afterpiece.
5. epithet, label, name, byword, SI. handle, SI. moniker; appellation, appellative, designation, title, honorific.
6. clichd, catch phrase, stock phrase, hackneyed expression, banality, Inf. old song; prosaicism, platitude, bromide, Inf. chestnut.
-v. 7. ticket, mark, earmark, label, attach, tab, give a citation.
8. append, add On, affix, postfix, suffix, adjoin, fasten on; annex, Inf. tack on, attach, Inf. hitch on, Inf. slap on.
9. label, dub, name, call, nickname, term, style; identify, title, entitle, Archaic, clepe; christen, baptize, address.
10. follow, pursue, shadow, trail, Inf. tail, SI. tailgate; tread close upon, tread upon the heels of, hang on the skirts of; hound, dog, chase, heel. tail, n. 1. brush, scut, dock, Hunting, flag, Anat., Zool. cauda.
2. hinder part, rear appendage, tailpiece, rear; tail fin, flipper, rudder, stabilizer; (both of coins) reverse, flip side.