homy, sex-crazy, sex-crazed, sex-mad, sex-hungry.
7. violent, furious, vigorous, fierce, ferocious, savage; intense, forcible, strong, strenuous; stormy, tempestuous, turbulent, tumultuous; uproarious, boisterous, rampant.
8. new, fresh, recent, late, latest; brand-new, Inf. spanking new, just out, just released, just issued, Inf. hot off the griddle, Inf. hot off the presses.
9. popular, in demand, sought after, in vogue, well-liked, well-loved, in high esteem; successful, marketable, commercial, salable.
10. disposed, of the mind, given to, in the mood, Inf. up for; eager for, keen on, Inf. game for, SI. psyched for, SI. all hopped up about, SI. all worked up about.
11. charged, live, electrified, powered, high-powered, galvanic, high-tension, low-tension.
hotbed, n. nest, cradle, nidus, nursery, womb; breeding ground, fertile soil, seedbed,
hot-blooded, adj. 1. excitable, edgy, skittish, restless, restive, fitful; impetuous, impulsive, temperamental, quixotic.
2. adventuresome, exciting, venturesome, heady; adventurous, doughty, audacious, bold.
3. ardent, passionate, fiery, heated, impassioned; virile, lusty, vigorous, spirited; sensual, carnal, voluptuous, prurient; randy, priapic, SI. horny, sex-hungry, sex-crazy, itching, Scot. and North Eng. cadgy.
hotel, n. inn, motel, motor inn, motor hotel, tavern, house, It. albergo; the Ritz, the Plaza, Grand Hotel; lodging, pension, rooming house, boarding house; resort hotel, hunting lodge, caravansary, caravanserai, khan; hostel, hospice; SI. crash pad, SI. flophouse, SI. fleabag, SI. dump,
hotheaded, adj. 1. rash, impetuous, headlong, wild, foolhardy, precipitate, reckless; unruly, unbridled, ungovernable; hellbent, temerarious, breakneck, madcap, daredevil.
2. hot-tempered, quick to anger, SI. short-fused, short-tempered, hot, quick; combustible, explosive, inflammable, volcanic.
hothouse, n. 1. greenhouse, Brit, glasshouse, conservatory.
-adj. 2. delicate, fragile, dainty, frail; feeble, weak, strengthless, unsturdy, brittle, breakable, perishable.
3. overprotected, protected, sheltered, shielded, smothered, defended; pampered, spoon-fed, indulged, spoiled, coddled; smothering, stultifying, oppressive, suppressive.
4. artificial, unnatural, man-made; imitation, simulated.
hound, n. 1. hunting dog, Southern U.S. Dial. hound dog, bird dog, bloodhound, bird dog, harrier, beagle, pointer, setter, retriever, greyhound, stag-hound, foxhound, boarhound, Russian wolfhound; spaniel, terrier, dachshund, mastiff, police dog, sheep dog, St. Bernard, Newfoundland.
2. dog, canine, pup, puppy, whelp, bitch, Inf. bowwow, Inf. pooch, cur, mongrel, Inf. mutt, pariah dog; house dog, watchdog, fancy dog, lap dog.
3. Informal, mean fellow, scoundrel, villain, Inf. rat; rogue, knave, cad, blackguard, Inf. scalawag, black sheep, Brit. SI. rotter, miscreant, Inf. wrong 'un, rascal, roud, rake, debauchee, Brit. SI. bounder.
4. Informal, devotee, addict, fanatic, extreme enthusiast, fan, infatuate, faddist, Inf. bug, Inf. nut.
-v. 5. pursue, dog, follow, stalk, chase, trail, hunt, Inf. tail, heel, follow on the heels of, shadow, go after, fly after.
6. pursue unremittingly, persecute, bully, Inf. lean on; browbeat, Inf. bulldoze, Inf. buffalo, harass; nag, pester, annoy, tag after, keep after, hang on the skirts of, hang on the coattails of.