reserved, adj. 1. held, retained, taken, engaged, booked, saved, arranged for, Brit, bespoken; set apart, put aside, roped off; appointed, slotted, destined.
2. formal, restrained, rigid, stiff, prim, strait-laced, proper, decorous, seemly, sedate, dignified, grave, serious; composed, controlled, constrained, undemonstrative, unresponsive, cool, cold, icy.
3. distant, aloof, pompous, haughty, snobbish, disdainful, condescending, high-hat, stand-offish, Inf. offish, unapproachable; withdrawn, quiet, reticent, uncommunicative, taciturn, silent, untalkative, un-neighborly, unsocial, unsociable.
4. self-contained, self-reliant, private, guarded, cautious, noncommittal; secretive, close-mouthed, tightlipped, buttoned-up, mum.
5. retiring, diffident, self-conscious, bashful, timid, shy, modest, coy, demure, backward, Archaic, vere-cund; unassuming, unobtrusive, unpretentious, self-effacing.
reservoir, n. 1. (all used to contain liquid) receptacle, chamber; basin, bowl; jug, urn, keg, vat, cask.
2. repository, repertory, depository, depot, supply depot, warehouse, storehouse, storeroom, storage.
3. reserve. See - reserve (def. 4).
reside, v. 1. live, live at, abide, Archaic, bide, dwell, tenant, stay, stay at, remain, sojourn; domicile, domiciliate, establish oneself, take up residence, take up one's abode, inhabit, occupy, settle, settle down, locate, ensconce, make one's home, Inf. hang up one's hat; domesticate, cohabit, keep house, set up housekeeping; take or strike root, plant oneself, anchor, drop anchor, come to anchor, moor; nest, nestle, perch, roost, squat, burrow, hive; lodge, rent, room, bunk, berth, quarter or billet at, put up at, Inf. hang out, SI. crash, Brit, doss down; camp, camp out, bivouac, pitch one's tent.
2. inhere, be inherent in, be immanent, be ingrained, be innate, be intrinsic, be indigenous, belong, pertain, be a quality of; be comprised in, be contained in, be constituted by, rest, rest in, lie, lie in, lie within, exist, exist in, abide in, be present in, dwell in, indwell, consist in, subsist in, repose in.
residence, n. 1. home, abode, domicile, domicil, dwelling, dwelling place, dwelling home, habitation, habitancy, residency, Scot. and North Eng. bigging, Scot. howff; lodging, lodgings, lodging place, lodgment, nest, roost, perch; quarters, living quarters, rooms, accommodations, living accommodations, housing, roof over one's head, Inf. pad, Inf. crash pad, Chiefly Brit. Inf. diggings, Brit. Inf. digs; apartment, flat, tenement, walk-up, cold-water flat, Brit. chambers, Chiefly Brit, maisonette; penthouse, townhouse, condominium, Inf. condo; mobile home, motor home, camper, trailer, caravan; address, location, situ-