3. originality, inventiveness, invention, imagination, imaginativeness, creativity, creativeness; unconventionality, unorthodoxy, novelty, newness, uniqueness, unprecedentedness.
4. dash, zest, spirit, life, spark, pep, Inf. zip, zing; flair, panache, Inf. pizzazz. audible, adj. hearable; heard; loud, out loud, distinct, clear, perceivable or perceptible to the ear. audience, n. 1. spectators, viewers, watchers, listeners, hearers, readers; attenders, attendants; assemblage, assembly, congregation; house, turnout.
2. public, following, regulars; fans, devotees, aficionados, Inf buffs, Inf. nuts, Inf. freaks.
3. hearing, review, examination; trial, adjudication.
4. interview, reception, admission, access, entree; consultation, discussion, conference, parley, meeting, Inf. powwow. audit, n. 1. Commerce, examination, scrutiny, Inf look at the books, investigation; review, check, analysis, inspection; accounting, verification, attestation, voucher.
2. statement, account, balance sheet.
-v. 3. examine, scrutinize, Inf. look at the books, investigate; review, check, analyze, inspect; account, verify, attest, vouch.
4. U.S. listen in, sit in, observe, audition, n. 1. hearing, auscultation, listening, ear.
2. trial, test, tryout, hearing, audience, auditor, n. 1. hearer, listener, harkener, eavesdropper, audience.
2. accountant, certified public accountant, C.P.A., Both Brit, chartered accountant, C.A.; comptroller, controller, bookkeeper; inspector, examiner, reckoner, analyst, Insurance, actuary, auditorium, n. 1. assembly room, meeting space, multipurpose room; nave, auditory, durbar.
2. hall, assembly hall, house, basilica, gallery, lecture hall, concert hall, dance hall, casino; theater, parquet, amphitheater; coliseum, stadium, field house, arena, augment, v. 1. increase, enlarge, make larger, make bigger, make greater, Chiefly Literary, greaten, aggrandize; magnify, amplify, enhance, deepen, heighten; widen, thicken, broaden; lengthen, prolong, protract; expand, extend, spread, spread out; (of writing or speech) pad, stretch out, branch out; inflate, distend, puff out, dilate; wax, swell, grow larger.
2. supplement, add to, superadd to; accrue, accumulate, cumulate, amass, pile up, heap up; multiply, double, redouble, treble, triple, quadruple.
3. raise, elevate, boost, advance, exalt; rise, ascend, mount, skyrocket; burgeon, shoot up, spring up, sprout.
4. escalate, step up, give a boost to, U.S. SI. soup up, SI. hop up, SI. jazz up; accelerate, snowball, mushroom; intensify, concentrate; exaggerate, maximize, make much of, make the most of, overstate; exacerbate, aggravate.
5. strengthen, reinforce, build up; grow, develop, mature, flourish. augmentation, n. 1. increase, enlargement, aggrandizement, expansion, extension; magnification, amplification, enhancement, deepening, heightening; widening, thickening, broadening; spreading out, (of writing or speech) padding, stretching out, branching out; lengthening, prolongation, protraction; inflation, distension, dilatation, dilation; waxing, swelling.
2. addition, accretion, increment, accession, access;
More Synonyms ...