collected, adj. calm, composed, self-possessed, cool, Inf. together; nonchalant, at ease, unruffled, unexcited, undisturbed, unperturbed, undismayed, untroubled, sedate; self-controlled, poised, balanced, steady; imperturbable, inexcitable, unflappable, even-tempered, easy-going; peaceful, serene, tranquil, placid.
collection, n. 1. accumulation, heap, pile, mass, cumulation; hoard, store, stock, stockpile, supply, fund; treasure, holdings, savings, Inf. loot.
2. amassment, assemblage; aggregation, concentration, agglomeration, conglomeration, cluster, clump; bouquet, posy; lot, pack, batch, bunch, Inf. raft.
3. set, series, array, assortment; variety, medley, jumble, hodgepodge; clutter, Inf. mess.
4. anthology, compilation, collected works, corpus; ana, analects, collectanea, garland.
5. assembly, group, body, congregation, muster, gathering; crowd, number, throng, host, multitude, confluence, concourse; drove, swarm, flock; herd.
6. offering, offertory, oblation, tithe; pledge, subscription, gift, contribution, donation, alms; drive, fund drive.
collective, adj. 1. composite, aggregate, corporate, conglomerate; collected, gathered, compiled; accumulated, massed, clustered, agglomerate.
2. combined, compound, cumulative, agminate; joint, united, unified, coactive, concerted, cooperative, collaborative.
3. common, general, majority, representative; mutual, like-minded, concurrent, consonant.
-n. 4. aggregate, assemblage, collection; body, congregation, assembly, gathering, crowd, throng, aggregation, multitude; company, band, group, crew, team, outfit.
collectivism, n. communalism, collective or public ownership, socialism, communism, Marxism; commu-nization, socialization, nationalization, collectivization.
college, n. 1. institution of higher learning or education, liberal arts college, four-year college; university, multiversity, Derog. education factory, Derog. phron-tistery or phrontisterion; post-secondary school, junior college, two-year college, technical school, vocational school; academy, institute, polytechnic, conservatory; Alma Mater.
2. academia, academe, the groves of academe; the halls of ivy, college life, college years.
3. (within a university or college) department, division, discipline, area, field, faculty; school, professional school, specialized school, graduate school, postgraduate school.
4. learned association, athenaenum, cultural society, council, fellowship, academy; league, union, partnership, corporation, consortium.
5. company, assemblage, body, corporate body, conclave, community, congregation.
collide, v. 1. crash, smash, bump, bang; meet, encounter, come into collision; crash into, smash into,