late, annulated, Archit. banded.
2. circled, hooped, belted, girded, cinctured, compassed; encircled, encompassed, engirt, begirt, circumscribed, embraced, Archaic, orbed; surrounded, enclosed, hemmed in, hedged in, fenced in, confined.
3. ringlike, ring-shaped, disklike, discoid, hoop, hooplike, annular, Archaic, orblike; circular, round. rinse, v. 1. wash, bathe, lave, clean, cleanse, rinse out; shampoo, (of clothes) launder, lather, soap, mun-dify, deterge; absterge, wipe, swab, mop, scrub.
2. wet, sponge, flush, flush out, irrigate, shower, splash, swash, slosh; dip, immerse, submerge, dunk; soak, steep, drench, imbue, saturate. -rt. 3. washing, bathing, lavation, lavage, laving, cleaning, cleansing, ablution; shampoo, shampooing, (of clothes) laundering, lathering, soaping, mundify-ing, deterging; abstersion, absterging, wipe, wiping, swab, swabbing, mopping, scrub, scrubbing.
4. wetting, sponge bath, sponging, flushing, flushing out, irrigation, irrigating, shower, showering, splashing, swashing, sloshing; dip, dipping, immersion, immersing, submersion, submerging, dunk, dunking; soak, soaking, steep, steeping, drench, drenching, im-buement, imbuing, saturation, saturating.
5. wash, bath, rinsing, drench, steep, soak, water, wash water, bath water; suds, foam.
6. tint, dye, preparation, cream rinse. riot, n. 1. brawl, broil, imbroglio, melee, fray, affray, fracas, free-for-all, donnybrook, scuffle, street fight, Inf. rumble, Inf. knock-down-drag-out.
2. civil disorder or strife, anarchy, mob-law, street-fighting, fighting in the street; revolt, rebellion, insurrection, insurgency, uprising, outbreak; chaos, pandemonium, bedlam; disorder, confusion.
3. uproar, outburst, disturbance, commotion, ado,
Inf. to-do, bother, pother, stir, fuss, Inf- foofaraw; tu mult, turbulence; rumpus, Inf. ruckus, hubbub, hullaballoo.
4. profligacy, dissipation, indulgence, incontinence, intemperance, licentiousness, libertinsm, debauchery; loose or fast or high living, life in the fast lane, fastness, looseness, wildness.
5. revelry, carousal, merrymaking, merriment, jollification, Inf. high jinks, SL whoopee; drinking, imbibing, tippling, toping, Inf. boozing, SL painting the town red, SL barhopping, Brit. SL pub-crawling or doing the pub-crawl.
6. (all of color) brilliant display, flourish, flash, splash, show.
-v. 7. fight, brawl, create a disturbance, make trouble, Inf. raise hell, Inf- raise Cain, Inf. raise a ruckus; rage, storm, rampage, go on a rampage, run amuck or amok, go berserk; loot, pillage, sack, burn, lay waste.
8. rebel, revolt, rise up, rise up in arms, mount the barricades; kick over the traces; run riot, take to the streets.
9. carouse, revel, wassail, roister, bouse, make merry, cut loose, let loose, step out, Inf. live it up, Inf. party, whoop it up, SL make whoopee; go on a spree, make the rounds, SL tie one on, Sl. go on a drunk or binge or bender or toot or bust or jag, SL paint the town red, SL barhop, Brit. SL pub-crawl; debauch, dissipate, wanton, sow wild oats, have one's fling; overindulge, overdo, burn the candle at both ends, not know when one has had enough, not know when to stop.
10. (all of vegetables) luxuriate, flourish, grow rank or lush, grow like a weed.