2. inhumanity, Archaic, immaneness, Obs. immani-ty, unnaturalness; pitilessness, mercilessness, uncharitableness, unkindliness, implacability, heart of stone, hard-heartedness; cold-bloodedness, viciousness, harshness, cruelty, brutality, truculence, savagery, barbarity, bloodthirstiness, ferity, fiendishness. malevolent, adj. 1. malign, malignant, malicious, maleficent, malefic, evil-intentioned, evil-disposed, evil-minded, unfriendly, obnoxious, ill-natured, churlish, surly, disobliging, ungracious; spiteful, hateful, invidious, ill-willed, ill-disposed, revengeful, vindictive, rancorous, bitter, embittered, acrimonious, sardonic, venomous, envenomed, acerb, virulent; sullen, resentful, envious; perfidious, treacherous, traitorous, disloyal, unfaithful; inhuman, Archaic, im-mane, unnatural, pitiless, merciless, unfeeling; implacable, grim, black-hearted, hard-hearted; coldblooded, vicious, harsh, cruel, fierce, fell; brutal, truculent, ferocious, savage, bloodthirsty, feral, ferine; fiendish, demonic, demoniac, diabolic, devilish, satanic, hellish, infernal.
2. pernicious, perilous, inimical, hurtful, harmful, baleful, baneful, deleterious, injurious; pestilential, pestiferous, noxious, detrimental, destructive; deadly, lethal, fatal, poisonous, toxic.
3. ominous, portentous, sinister, ill-omened, ill-starred, boding ill, unpropitious, inauspicious; minatory, menacing, threatening, unpromising, unfortunate, unfavorable, untoward, unlucky; extremely bad, calamitous, disastrous, catastrophic. malformation, n. faulty formation, deformity, disfigurement, distortion, misproportion, assymetry; monstrosity, abortion; contortion, crookedness, twist, Pathol, kyphosis, screw, warp, knottiness; ugliness, eyesore, blemish, imperfection. malformed, adj. misshapen, distorted, deformed, anamorphous; unsymmetric, irregular, not straight, ill-proportioned, misproportioned; misbegotten, ill-made, grotesque, awry, crooked, askew; round-shouldered, hunchbacked, humpbacked, bowlegged, bandylegged, knock-kneed, clubfooted, splay-footed, taliped, snub-nosed; stumpy, stunted, dwarfed. malice, n. 1. malevolence, maliciousness, malignity, malignance, animosity, antagonism, hostility, evil eye, hate, hatred, detestation, abhorrence, enmity; wrath, anger, dudgeon, bad blood, unfriendliness; venom, rancor, ill will, spite, spitefulness, evil intent, grudge, choler, pique, ire, acerbity, acrimony, bitterness, gall, bile, spleen, virulence, invidiousness, envy, resentment, ill feeling.
2. inhumanity, Archaic, immaneness, Obs. immani-ty, unnaturalness; pitilessness, mercilessness, implacability, obduracy, callousness, heart of stone, hardheartedness, cold-heartedness, evil disposition; viciousness, harshness, cruelty, brutality, violence, ferocity, truculence, savagery, barbarity, bloodthirstiness, murderousness, ferity, fiendishness. malicious, adj. 1. malevolent, malign, malignant, maleficent, malefic, wanton, Archaic, despiteous, evil-intentioned, evil-disposed. See malevolent (defs. 1, 2).
2. defamatory, denigrating, vituperative, vilifying, vilipenditory; slanderous, libelous, calumnious, calumniatory, traducent, false, untrue, false-spoken, misrepresentative; abusive, scurrilous, Archaic, scur-rile, aspersive, imputative, insinuating, gossiping. maliciously, adv. cruelly, viciously, brutally, harshly, meanly, malignantly; spitefully, resentfully, nastily, hatefully, wickedly; deliberately, with evil intent, with malice aforethought, with malice prepense, Sl. acci-dentally-on-purpose. malign, v. 1. slander, libel, calumniate, traduce, falsify, accuse falsely; misrepresent, belie, asperse, impute, insinuate; injure, abuse, assail, stab, insult, backbite, SI. badmouth, engage in personalities; slur, sully, defile, smear, smirch, besmirch, soil, blacken, tarnish, stain, taint, smudge, blemish, spot, brand, stigmatize, drag through the mud, SI. dump on.
More Synonyms ...