D dab, v. 1. bedaub, besmear, smear, smudge, blot, spot; coat, plaster, tar, paint, varnish.
2. pat, tamp, tap, poke, jab; rap, swat, hit, strike, whack, slap, Inf. swipe, thump, flap.
-n. 3. pat, tap, poke, jab, light blow, peck; rap, knock, fillip, stroke, smack, Inf. swipe, whack.
4. bit, mite, speck, Inf. smidgen, Inf. smitch, nip, spot; trace, touch, hint, trifle, tinge, suggestion; pinch, dash, drop, sprinkling, driblet, crumb, modicum.
dabble, v. 1. splash, splatter, slosh, swash; sprinkle, spray, asperge; moisten, dampen, damp, wet, wet down.
2. splash about, paddle, (in water) play.
3. potter, putter, tinker, fiddle, Inf fool around; trifle, dally, dillydally; half know, know a little, smatter, scratch the surface, toy with, flirt with.
dabbler, n. putterer, potterer, smatterer, trifler, dal-lier, piddler, Inf. dabster; dilettante, sciolist, half scholar; amateur, nonprofessional, layman, do-it-yourselfer. daft, adj. 1. crazy, crazed, SI. bughouse, SI. kooky, Inf. potty, SI. nuts, Inf. nutty, Inf. daffy; insane, mad, demented, lunatic, deranged; of unsound mind, Latin, non compos mentis; unbalanced, touched, Inf. half-baked, unhinged; not all there, not quite right, not right upstairs, Inf. mental, Inf. cracked; out of one's head, out of one's mind, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare; maniacal, wild, raving, hysterical, frenzied, delirious, berserk; All SI. balmy, dippy, batty, cuckoo, buggy, screwy, wacky, goofy, loony.
2. dazed, moonstruck, possessed, infatuated; peculiar, strange, odd, eccentric, pixilated; irrational, illogical, unreasonable; unreasoning, unthinking, in-cogitant, thoughtless.
3. simple-minded, simple, bird-brained, weak-minded, weak-headed, feeble-minded; harebrained, giddy, mercurial, reckless; absent-minded, scatterbrained, confused, bemused; featherheaded, featherbrained, rattleheaded, rattlebrained, light-minded, light-headed; empty, void, vacant, vacuous, blank, unoccupied.
4. addlepated, addleheaded, addlebrained, muddled, muddleheaded; dull, inexpressive, insensate, expressionless; stupid, Inf. dumb, Inf. dopey, empty-headed; dull-witted, SI. dimwitted, slow-witted, half-witted, fat-witted, witless, unwitty; mindless, brainless, fatuitous; dense, thick, thickheaded, wooden-headed; obtuse, Inf. cretinous, Boeotian, stolid, oafish, cloddish, lumpish, blunt; blockheaded, dunderheaded, noodleheaded, boneheaded, thickskulled, blockish, doltish.
My Account / Test History
I put my watch with the radio news.
I set my watch by the radio news.