streak, n. 1. band, strip, bar, streaking; stripe, striation, line, mark; stroke, dash, rule, score.
2. layer, stratum, ledge, level, bed; vein, seam, plane, lode.
3. bolt, flash, fulguration, lightning, ray, thunderbolt, Archaic, levin; beam, flare, coruscation, burst; glint, glance, glister.
4. admixture, nature, spirit, characteristic, property, temperament; strain, vein, stripe, feather; idiosyncrasy, twist, turn, bent, individuality.
5. U.S. Informal, spell, period, time, stage, duration; run, term, bout, space, span, lapse, snap.
-v. 6. mark, striate, band, stripe, furrow; variegate, rainbow, motley, tessellate; smudge, stain, smirch, smutch, soil.
7. flash, fulgurate, coruscate, glance, flare; beam, glint, glister, light.
8. run, rush, dash, tear, race, sprint; scurry, hurry, hasten, fly, flee, fly like a bird; scud, scour, scoot, trip, pace; zip, zoom, speed, go like lightning, sweep, swoop; bound, clip, post, gallop, hie, Inf. go like a shot, Inf go hellbent for leather, fly on the wings of the wind, outstrip the wind.
stream, n. 1. river, freshet, U.S. Dial, kill, brook, creek, Dial, crick; streamlet, rivulet, rill, run, runnel, runlet; channel, watercourse, waterway, artificial waterway, canal, sluice, wadi, arroyo; branch, tributary, feeder, affluent, confluent; estuary, inlet, reach, arm, fjord.
2. current, Geol. race, drift, course; flow, flux, tide, inflow, flood, outflow, ebb; undercurrent, undertow, underset, riptide.
3. flow, afflux, issuance, emanation, flux, outflow, outrush, outpour, outpouring, efflux, effluence; rush, onrush, surge, flood, torrent, gush; jet, bolt, spurt, squirt, spout, spring, fountain, geyser; cascade, cataract, waterfall, falls, rapids.
4. air current, wind current; electrical current.
5. (all of light) beam, ray, shaft, trail, pencil, streak, gleam, glimmer.
6. continuous flow, torrent, rush, outpour, outpouring, gush, effusion, flood, deluge; succession, battery, barrage, volley, outburst, burst.
-v. 7. flow or flow from, flow out, issue, emanate, come from, well out or forth; run, roll, course, slide, glide, move, pass, proceed, drift, go along; fall, cascade, pour out or forth, spill, effuse, shed, let fall or drop; flood, overflow, brim over, well over, run over, spill over; rush, gush, surge, spurt, spout, jet, ejaculate, squirt, shoot out.
8. (all of light) shine, gleam, beam; come in, flood in, pour in.
9. file, parade, walk, march, roll, move, proceed.
10. wave, stir, move to and fro, flutter, blow; float outward, extend, waft; flap, sway, swing, hang.
streamer, n. 1. flag, pennant, pennon, banderole, bannerol, burgee, bunting, jack, banner, banneret.
2. ribbon, hair ribbon, feather,
streamlet, n. brook, brooklet, stream, creek, Dial. crick, U.S. Dial, kill, rivulet, rill, rindle, run, runnel, Brit. Dial, beck, Brit. Dial, gill, Scot. and North Eng.