8. have anything to do with, be associated with, be a part of or party to; get or go near, get within ten yards of, go in the same room with, have [s.t.] in the house; use, utilize, employ, take, even try, SI. mess with, SI. mess around with.
touch on or
upon treat, cover, deal with, go into; write about, speak of, talk about; mention, make mention of, remark on, comment upon, make a remark about, point out in passing; bring up, trot out, bring into the picture or discussion, go over, review; refer to, allude to, cite, quote.
10. pertain to, appertain to, be pertinent to, bear upon, have a bearing on, have reference to, regard, respect, have to do with; be on the subject or topic of, be in the area or field of, apply to, belong to, go with, go along with, fall or come under the category of; relate to, be connected or linked with, have a connection with, fit in with, be appropriate to or for, go, SI. tie in with; concern, make a difference to, matter to, be important or significant to, be of importance or significance to, have meaning for, be of interest to, apply to, go for, have any connection with or relation to.
touch off a. initiate, begin, start, start off, Inf kick off; set in motion, be the impetus or instigation for, motivate,
b. set off, actuate, trigger, ignite, light, inflame, Inf. set the match to.
c. invoke, bring to mind, bring back or up, help [s.o.] recall or remember, refresh [s.o.'s] memory.
touch up (of a painting, photograph, etc.) improve, better, enhance, spruce up, brush up, polish up, perfect, put the finishing touches on, culminate, top off; fix, fix up, patch up, repair, cure, heal, doctor, make corrections in, straighten out, rectify; cover up defects in, refurbish, give a face-lift to, disguise, gloss over, whitewash; amend, modify, change, rework, redo, revamp, rearrange; refine, revise, rewrite, edit, emend, emendate.
-n. 13. fingering, thumbing, palming; holding, handling, manipulation, twiddling; stroking, petting, caressing, fondling, pawing, Si. feeling up; palpation, massaging, kneading, rubbing, pressing.
14. contact, taction, tangency, contiguousness, contiguity; abuttal, abutment, adjacency, juxtaposition; connection, conjunction, juncture, junction.
15. tactility, tactile sense, sense of touch or feeling, feel; feeling, sensation.
16. feel, feeling, denier, granulation, grain, texture, weave; structure, make composition, make-up; finish, coating, surface, veneer, outside.
17. technique, approach, attack, tack, procedure, routine, system, mode of operation, Inf. MO, Latin, modus operandi; style, way, manner, bedside manner, manner of working; sensitivity, sensitiveness, intuition, sixth sense, perceptivity, perception, insight, understanding.
18. dexterity, adroitness, right-handedness, deftness, slight, slight of hand, legerdemain; facility, skillfulness, neatness, felicity, finesse; skill, knack, faculty, ability, talent, gift, flair, genius, art, trick.
19. stroke, pat, tap, tamp, rap; swat, whack, smack, poke, jab, Inf swipe; strike, hit, blow.
20. tad, dab, smack; bit, dash, smattering; trace, hit, suggestion; cast, coloring, tincture. See - tinge (defs. 3, 5).
21. stroke, brush, line, jot, dash; detail, little thing.