exhausted, adj. 1. tired, tired out, Inf. dog-tired, dead tired, SI. dead, dead on one's feet; overtired, done in, all in, ready to drop; fatigued, weary, worn out, Inf. tuckered out, Inf. bushed, fagged out, played out, burned out, wiped out, spent, Archaic, forspent; drowsy, sleepy, half-asleep, groggy, SI. dopey, SI. drugged; All SI. shot, beat, pooped, pooped out, (with have) had it.
2. toilworn, wayworn, footsore; winded, panting, out of breath, breathless, gasping for breath or air; haggard, feeble, weak, faint, prostrate, Pathol, atonic.
3. consumed, drained, depleted, used up; emptied, bare, dry.
exhausting, adj. laborious, arduous, strenuous, back-breaking, SI. ball-busting, hard, difficult; tedious, wearisome, tiresome; tiring, fatiguing, weakening, enervating, debilitating.
exhaustion, n. 1. weakness, faintness, swoon, faint, Pathol, syncope; feebleness, lassitude, lethargy, inanition; fatigue, weariness, tiredness, prostration, collapse, burnout; debilitation, enervation, enfeeble-ment, debility, Pathol, asthenia.
2. depletion, consumption, draining, emptying; dispersion, wasting, prodigality, dissipation, wastefulness.
exhaustive, adj. comprehensive, encyclopedic, all-inclusive; in-depth, profound, thorough; thoroughgoing, extensive, far-reaching.
exhibit, v. I. display, show, demonstrate, set forth, present, offer; expose, air, unveil, unfurl, extend, spread out; place, arrange, array, dispose, set up; flaunt, parade, brandish, show off.
2. indicate, express, manifest, make plain or clear, betray, give away; evince, evidence, exemplify, Scot. and North Eng. kithe; reveal, disclose, produce, bring forward, bring out, roll out, Inf. trot out.
3. explain, explicate, expound; describe, illustrate, show how, give an idea of.
-n. 4. display, show, showing. See - exhibition (def. 2).
5. evidence, proof, grounds, facts, data; example, demonstration, Inf. demo, illustration, representation, exemplification; item, instance, case, particular.
exhibition, n. 1. demonstration, manifestation, representation, evincement, indication, expression, exemplification; revelation, disclosure, divulgence; explanation, explication, description, illustration.
2. exhibit, show, showing, display, presentation, unveiling, airing; mounting, staging, stage show, production, performance; review, retrospective; exposition, Inf. expo, fair.
exhibitionist, n. 1. show-off, extrovert, SI. grand-stander, SI. hot dog, SI. hotshot, SI. showboat; dandy, fop, clotheshorse.
2. deviant, pervert, sex deviant or pervert, SI. flasher.
exhilarate, v. 1. cheer, gladden, uplift, make merry, make happy or joyous; delight, elate, exalt, brighten; warm, move, inspire, enthuse; hearten, en-hearten, encourage, nerve, embolden; fortify, build up, nourish, restore; reassure, confirm, comfort, solace; improve, ameliorate, meliorate; aid, assist, support, sustain; strengthen, buttress, brace, reinforce.