homelike, adj. homey, cozy, warm, snug, intimate; quiet, peaceful, restful, tranquil, serene, easy, easeful, relaxing; familiar, comfortable, customary, accustomed, acclimated, wonted, common, normal; domestic, homespun, downhome, homebred, plain, simple, modest, informal, unsophisticated, unaffected, unpretentious, unpretending, unassuming; friendly, congenial, genial, cordial, cheerful, hospitable, agreeable, pleasant.
homely, adj. 1. plain, plain-featured, plain-looking; unshapely, unsightly; unattractive, unlovely, unpretty, unhandsome, unbeautiful, uncomely, rather ugly; ugly, ill-favored, bad-looking, Inf. not much to look at, Inf. short on looks, Inf. not much for looks, SI. hard or rough on eyes.
2. unsophisticated, unpolished, unrefined, uncultured, uncultivated, uncouth, graceless, lacking in the social graces, ill-mannered, ill-bred; crude, crass, raw, loutish, oafish, doltish, boorish, churlish, clownish; rustic, rural, bucolic, bucolical, provincial; backwoods, inurbane, countrified, country-bred, country-born, upcountry, from the sticks, yokel, yokelish, Si hick, Si hickish, SI. rube, Si hayseed.
3. homey, homelike, homish, down-home, homespun, homebred, domestic, Scot. raploch, Yiddish. heimish, Inf folksy; plain, simple, modest, unaffected, unpretentious, unpretending, unassuming, normal, natural, informal; cozy, warm, snug, intimate, comfortable, Inf. comfy, lived-in; quiet, peaceful, restful, relaxing, tranquil, serene, easy, easeful.
4. common, commonplace, ordinary, usual, familiar, nothing out of the ordinary, everyday, workday, workaday, household-variety, garden-variety; nondescript, prosaic, matter-of-fact, Inf. no big thing.
5. friendly, amicable, amiable, genial, congenial, cordial, social, sociable; cheerful, affable, hearty, backslapping; hospitable, neighborly, welcoming, open-armed.
homemade, adj. 1. home-manufactured, home-produced, home-worked, home-wrought, produced or manufactured locally, locally produced, locally-manufactured, made locally, locally-made; homespun, home-woven, home-loomed.
2. domestic, domiciliary, internal, interior; native, natural, natal, indigenous, vernacular, aboriginal, autochthonous, autochthonc, autochthonal; homegrown, home-raised, native-grown, native-raised, home-born.
3. self-made, hand-made, hand-crafted, hand-woven, hand-knitted, hand-stitched; coarse, rough, rough-hewn, rough cast, unsmooth, uneven, linsey-woolsey, indelicate; crude, amateurish, amateur, unskilled, unprofessional, nonprofessional, avocational.
homemaker, n. home economist, family manager; (all of a home) manager, administrator, overseer, treasurer; factotum, handywoman, housekeeper, hausfrau, cook, Inf chief cook and bottle washer; housewife, matron, mistress, lady or woman of the house, Chiefly Scot. goodwife, Scot. Inf. wifey, Inf. missis.
Homeric, adj. heroic, epic; grand, imposing, impressive, magnificent; mighty, colossal, monumental, towering, titanic.
homespun, adj. 1. home-woven, home-loomed; homemade, home-manufactured, home-produced, home-worked, home-wrought; self-made, hand-made, hand-crafted; hand-knitted, hand-woven, hand-stitched.
2. plain, simple, modest, unpretentious, unpretending, unaffected, unassuming, normal, informal; homey, homely, homelike, homish, homebred, down-home, (usually of thought or philosophy) cracker-barrel, Scot. raploch, Yiddish, heimish, Inf. folksy; rustic, rural, bucolic, bucolical; inurbane, backwoods, provincial, countrified or countryfied, country-bred, country-born, upcountry, from the sticks, yokelish, SI. hickish, SI. rube, SI. hayseed.