3. excess, surplus, surfeit, oversupply, overflow, nimiety, superfluity; glut, plethora, overabundance, superabundance, supersaturation, copper, n. penny, cent, U.S. Inf. red cent; All Brit. pence, p, twopence, tuppence, halfpenny, ha'penny, bawbee. copse, n. thicket, grove, wood, scrub, boscage, copsewood, coppice, brush, copulation, n. 1. connection, combination, unification, accouplement, coupling, mating, joining.
2. sexual intercourse, Inf. sex, intercourse, sexual commerce, sex act, act of love, coitus, Archaic. venery. See coitus, copulative, adj. linking, uniting, coupling, mating, joining, connecting, connective, conjunctive, copy, n. 1. imitation, reproduction, replica, ec-type, transcript, apograph, replication, duplication; duplicate, carbon, facsimile, carbon copy, Trademark. Xerox; representation, semblance, likeness; counterfeit, forgery, fake, sham.
2. example, specimen, sample, piece.
3. manuscript, typescript, text.
-v. 4. reproduce, duplicate, replicate, Trademark. Xerox; transcribe, rewrite; plagiarize, SI. lift.
5. imitate, emulate, do like, simulate, follow suit, parallel, model after, copycat; mimic, ape, monkey, parrot, mirror, echo, reflect; impersonate, mock, parody, take off, caricature, burlesque.
6. counterfeit, forge, fake, sham. copyist, n. 1. transcriber, scribe, scrivener, Judaism. sopher; secretary, amanuensis.
2. imitator, copier, copycat, epigone; mimic, monkey, ape, parrot, echo, shadow, coquet, v. flirt, vamp, trifle, toy, tease, dally, philander; look sweet at, make googoo eyes at, wink at, ogle; bill and coo, woo, Inf. spark, court, serenade; fondle, caress, Inf spoon, pet, neck, coquetry, n. flirtation, flirting, vamping, googoo eyes, sheep's eyes; trifling, toying, dallying, dalliance; wooing, Inf. sparking, courting, petting, Inf. spooning, necking. coquette, n. flirt, vamp, belle, gold digger; hussy, Chiefly Brit. SI. tart, cord, n. 1. string, twine, line, lanyard, cable; leader, gut, wire, strand, filament; braid, cordon, gimp, tape, ribbon, yarn; tendon, sinew, thew.
2. tie, bond, ligature, ligament, nexus, vinculum; link, connection, copula.
-v. 3. bind, fasten, bundle, tie up, package; lace, thread, string. cordial, adj. 1. friendly, warm, courteous, gracious, affable, affectionate, genial, amiable, good-natured, pleasant; heartfelt, wholehearted, whole-souled, hearty, ardent, earnest, sincere, ingratiating.
2. stimulating, invigorating, cheering, restorative, fortifying, heartening, tonic, revivifying, refreshing.
-n. 3. stimulant, exhilarant, tonic, Med. roborant, stomachic, Inf. bracer, Inf. pick-me-up, Inf. pickup.
4. liqueur, after-dinner drink. cordiality, n. friendliness, warmth, graciousness, courtesy; affection, good will, fellow feeling, fraternization; heartiness, whole-heartedness, ardor, earnestness. cordon, n. 1. braid, cord, frog, Heraldry, riband; decoration, sash, ribbon, cordon bleu.
2. quarantine, cordon sanitaire, picket line; outposts, guard posts, perimeter of defense,
core, n. center, heart, nucleus, germ, kernel, seed, nut; marrow, pith, gist, substance, essence, sum and substance, essential part, inner core, quintessence, heart of the matter, Inf. nub, Inf. nitty-gritty,
cork, n. 1. stopper, stop, plug, stopple, bung, tampion; pin, peg, spill, spile, Dentistry, dowel; tap, spigot, cock, stopcock, faucet, valve.