2. smock, apron, jumper, overalls, pinafore, chemise.
3. robe, cloak, cassock, cope, soutane, rochet; surplice, scapular, alb, dalmatic, chasuble, amice, tunicle; canonicals, priestly garb, pontificals, Inf. clericals, Judaism. ephod.
frolic, n. 1. merry play, fun, sport, play, game, SI. buster; lark, antic, prank, caper, trick, monkey trick; gambol, romp, skylarking; gaiety, merriment, mirth, pleasantry, jollity, laughter.
2. merrymaking, Brit, holiday-making, jollification, festivity; revelry, Inf. whoopee, SI. high jinks, fun and games; conviviality, amusement, entertainment, recreation.
-v. 3. gambol, have fun, disport, play, frisk, skip about, sport; dance about, jump about, romp, rollick; cavort, caper, cut capers, curvet,
frolicsome, adj. playful, frisky, full of fun, coltish, prankish, sportive, Scot. daft; gay, joyful, exuberant, Inf. full of pep, animated, spirited, gamesome; jolly, jovial, festive, merry, mirthful.
from, prep. 1. starting at, beginning with or at, originating in; out of, leaving, away from, venturing out; hailing from, forth out of, starting out at or of, coming from.
2. because of, as a result of, in consequence of, on account of, on the score of, by virtue of; due to, due to the fact that, owing to, by reason of, as.
front, n. 1. forepart, foremost part, forefront, foreground, anterior, fore; forestage, Theat. apron, downstage.
2. face, facade, exterior; frontage, waterfront, oceanfront, shore, lakeshore.
3. Military, front line, vanguard, first line, forward line, Fr. avant-garde, battle line; firing line, no-man's land, outpost; sentry, vedette.
4. prow, nose, bow, bowsprit, jib, beak, figurehead.
5. bearing, demeanor, air, mien, look, countenance; presence, address, manner, appearance; port, carriage, conduct, comportment, behavior.
6. haughtiness, self-importance, arrogance, over-bearance; effrontery, audacity, bumptiousness; impertinence, impudence, brass, Inf. cheek, nerve.
7. forehead, brow; face, visage, countenance, physiognomy, features; All SI. mug, pan, kisser, phiz, map, dial.
8. coalition, bloc, cartel, syndicate, league; cabal, conspiracy, movement.
9. dicky, jabot, tucker, shirt front, chemisette; bib, napkin.
out front ahead of, in advance, in the lead, in the van, vanward.
-adj. 11. frontal, headmost, foremost, at the front, at the fore; forward, fore, anterior, lead, head; obverse, heads, opposite.
12. exterior, outward, outer, external; facial, frontal. -v. 13. face, look out on, look toward; stand over, dominate.
14. confront, encounter, meet, meet face to face, breast, face up to, cross, challenge; brave, withstand, buffet, buck; oppose, oppugn, resist, repel.
15. cover, cover up, disguise, mask, conceal; camouflage, screen, cloak, shroud, veil.
16. lead, stand at the head, come to the fore, take the lead; go ahead of, go in advance of, go before, precede, forego, forerun.
frontier, n. borderland, march, far reaches, no man's land; boundary, border, bound; confines, limit, bourn, pale; edge, rim, extreme,
frost, n. 1. freeze, rime, hoarfrost; All Meteorol.