ness, dubiety, skepticism; unsureness, hesitancy, hesitation; caution, wariness, tentativeness; suspicion, suspiciousness, diffidence, misgiving, distrust, mistrust.
2. guess, piece of guesswork; borderline case, touch-and-go situation; contingency; tossup, open question, undecided issue; gamble, risk, leap or shot in the dark, pig in a poke; blind bargain, sight-unseen transaction.
3. unpredictability, unpredictableness, unforeseeableness, unaccountability, unaccountableness; randomness, haphazardness, casualness, arbitrariness; chance, fortuity, fortuitousness, happenstance, serendipity, luck, fortune.
4. ambivalence, equivocation, equivocalness, equivocality, equivocacy, fence-sitting, mugwumpery; fluctuation, vacillation, oscillation, shilly-shally; fluctuating, wavering, shilly-shallying, blowing hot and cold.
5. irresolution, irresoluteness, indecision, indecisiveness, undecidedness, unsureness, indetermination, infirmity of purpose; insecurity, unassuredness, lack of confidence; confusion, perplexity, bewilderment, bafflement, puzzlement.
6. indefiniteness, unsettledness; question, questionableness; suspense, state of suspense; theoreticalness, hypotheticalness, problematicalness; speculation, conjecture, assumption, presumption.
7. indistinctness, indeterminateness, indeterminacy; obscurity, vagueness, nebulousness, unclearness, ambiguity, ambiguousness; impenetrability, impenetrableness, inscrutableness, inscrutability.
8. inconsistency, variableness, variability, changeableness, changeability, mutability; fickleness, capriciousness, whimsicality, waywardness, skittishness; inconstancy, unreliability, unreliableness, undependability, untrustworthiness; treacherousness, slipperiness, shiftiness.
9. riskiness, Inf chanciness, Brit. Inf diceyness; delicacy, ticklishness, touchiness, Inf trickiness, Inf stickiness; dangerousness, hazardousness, perilousness, precariousness, Sl. hairiness; danger, peril; instability, unstableness, unsteadiness, shakiness; unsoundness, unsafeness.
10. irregularity, intermittence, erraticism, sporadicalness, sporadicity, sporadism, unmethodicalness, me-thodlessness, unsystematicalness, systemlessness; fitfulness, desultoriness, spasmodism.
unchain, v. free, release, disenthrall, extricate, liberate. See - unbind (def 1).
unchangeable, adj. 1. immutable, changeless, unalterable, incommutable, invariable; stable, stationary, firm, fixed, sound, solid, balanced; dependable, reliable, steady, steadfast; permanent, established, confirmed, inveterate, strong, deep-rooted, entrenched, ingrained.
2. enduring, abiding, lasting, persisting; indestructible, imperishable, perdurable, inextinguishable, indissoluble; perpetual, unfading, incorruptible, undecaying, amaranthine, perennial; deathless, undying, immortal, eternal, Archaic, eterne, everlasting.
uncharitable, adj. unkind, unchristian, uncompas-sionate, remorseless, insensitive, unfeeling, unconcerned; ungenerous, mean-spirited, petty, small-minded, narrow-minded, selfish, unaccommodating, unforgiving; cold, cool, unfriendly, distant; harsh, severe, austere, stern, rough, stark, stringent; unsparing, unremitting, inexorable, implacable, uncompromising, unbending, inflexible, obdurate; ruthless, merciless, pitiless, cruel, brutal, savage; hard-boiled, coldblooded, hard-hearted, ironhanded, ironfisted, iron-hearted; despotic, inquisitorial, tyrannical, abusive, punitive; distressing, tormenting, biting, cutting.