gather, concentrate, mass, bunch up; flock together, surge, stream.
3. shove, shoulder, jostle, push, press forward, make one's way, fight one's way, elbow one's way, work one's way, Inf. pile in, Inf stumble over one another.
4. pack, jam, cram, cramp, squeeze, Inf. jam-pack; lump together, compress, congest, bunch, bundle, serry, Inf pack as tight as sardines.
throttle, n. 1. choke, throttler, gas pedal, Auto. accelerator.
2. windpipe, Anat., Zool. trachea; gullet, throat, esophagus.
-v. 3. strangle, choke, garrote, strangulate, bowstring, gibbet, hang; stifle, suffocate, smother, asphyxiate, burke; kill, murder, do away with, get rid of.
4. gas, muzzle, mute, still, silence, keep [s.o.] quiet; compress, squeeze, tighten, put pressure on, put a tourniquet on; cut off, shut off, seal off, close off, occlude; obstruct, block, stop up, clog, plug, cork, congest; check, stop, arrest; curb, impede, inhibit, cramp,
through, prep. 1. into and out of, inside, under, out of; past, by, beyond, to the other or far side of, outside of; between, among, amongst, mongst, Both Archaic, betwixt, 'twixt; admidst, amid, midst, mid; within, in, inside, along, beside, across, over.
2. during, for the duration of, throughout, over the distance of, until the end or finish of, until the finale or completion of; up to and including, including, inclusive of.
through with a. finished with, done with, at the end of, at the completion or termination of. b. at the end of one's rope with.
4. by means of, by vitrue of, by way of, by, via, under the aegis or auspices of, through the agency or aid of, per; because of, by reason of, on account of, due to, owing to, for; as a consequence of, as a result of. -adv. 5. all the way, to the end of the line; straight, directly, right; nonstop, without a stop or interruption.
6. from one end to the other, from beginning to end, from top to bottom, fron stem to stern, from head to toe or foot, cap-a-pie, from A to Z, completely, thoroughly.
7. to the end, to the completion or termination, to a successful or favorable completion.
8. get through finish, complete, terminate, end; accomplish, do; survive, endure, make it.
9. pull through recover, come out of [s.t.], get better, get well.
-adj. 10. nonstop, direct, straight; limited access, express, rapid, fast, quick. 11. finished, done; completed, ended, terminated,
throughout, prep. 1. all over, all around or about, in every corner or part of, everywhere in; all among, among all, in-between all.
2. all the way through, all through, through; all during, during, for the duration of. -adv. 3. everywhere, everyplace, all over, all around, in every nook and cranny, in every corner, everywhere under the sun, Latin, ubique; far and wide, widely, in every direction, extensively, to the ends of the earth, to the far reaches of the earth.
4. all the time or while, for the duration until [s.t.] is over, until the finish or finale or end or completion.
5. from one end to the other, from beginning to end, from top to bottom. See - through (def. 6).
throw, v. 1. hurl, sling, toss, cast, fling, dash, pitch, Inf. chuck, Brit. Dial, slat, Scot., Australian. ding; jettison, jaculate, shy, hurtle, pitchfork; launch, send, deliver, impel, propel, project, plunge,