sweetheart, n. sweet, sweetie, Archaic, leman, SI. sweet patootie, SI. tootsie, SI. tootsy-wootsy, Fr. petit chou, Fr. chou-chou, Fr. poulet, Fr. ma petite; honey,
Inf. honeybun, Inf. sugar, Inf. sugar pie, darling, beloved, dear, dear one, dearest; heartthrob, heart's desire, truelove, love of one's life, one and only, one's all; lover, paramour, Fr. intime, sex partner, bedmate, admirer, Inf. boyfriend, girl friend; suitor, beau, swain, inamorato, Romeo, wooer; betrothed, intended, Inf. steady, fiance, fiancde; mistress, SI. moll, best girl, ladylove, inamorata; turtledove, angel; spark, Inf. flame; goddess, Venus, Aphrodite; SI. sweet mama, sugar daddy. sweetmeat, n. confection, confiture, confectionary, candy, sweet, sweets; bonbon, fondant, comfit, sugarplum, sugar candy; taffy, butterscotch, praline, peanut brittle; fudge, cream, nougat, toffee, caramel, chocolate; mint, peppermint, kiss, lollipop, sucker; dainty, tidbit; pastry, pie, cake, patisserie, tart, puff. sweetness, n. 1. sugariness, honeyedness, saccharin-ity.
2. freshness, pureness, refreshingness, wholesomeness, cleanness; goodness, tastiness, saporosity, flavor-fulness.
3. sweet-soundingness, melodiousness, mellifluence, mellifluousness, melody, harmony, dulcetness, euphoniousness, euphony, canorousness; softness, mellowness.
4. sweet-smellingness, sweet-scentedness, redolence, fragrance, odorousness, odoriferousness, balminess, perfume, bouquet.
5. pleasantness, agreeableness, amiableness, amiability; mildness, gentleness, kindliness, tenderness, lovableness; graciousness, generosity, selflessness.
6. loveliness, fairness, comeliness, prettiness; beauty, handsomeness, attractiveness; charm, winsomeness. sweet-scented, adj. fragrant, aromatic, sweet, sweetsmelling, odoriferous, odorous; redolent, balmy, ambrosial, perfumed, scented. sweet-sounding, adj. musical, dulcet, mellifluous, mellifluent, mellisonant, canorous, melodious; soothing, mellow, pleasant, agreeable; flowing, euphonic, euphonious, harmonious, symphonious; graceful, rhythmical; easy, soft, golden, silvery, silver-toned; clear, clear as a bell; singing, songful, lyric. sweet-tempered, adj. kind, kindly, cordial, amiable, amicable, good-natured, well-disposed; neighborly, friendly, nice, genial, hospitable, affable; well-meaning, well-intentioned, sympathetic, sympathizing, warm, affectionate, commiserating; considerate, understanding, thoughtful; helpful, obliging, accommodating; good, benevolent, benign, benignant, benifi-cent; mild, gentle, tender, Fr. gentil; compassionate, loving, decent, human; gracious, generous, charitable, bounteous, giving; warm-hearted, kindhearted, tender-hearted, soft-hearted; pleasant, likeable, expansive, Scot. and North Eng., Irish Eng. sonsy. swell, v. 1. dilate, expand, extend, spread, outspread, spread out; distend, inflate, bloat, puff out, blow up, dome; intumesce, tumefy; fill out, fatten; lengthen, elongate, stretch.
2. increase, enlarge, magnify, amplify, augment; wax, grow larger, rise, well up; intensify, escalate, step up, accelerate, snowball, mushroom.
3. protrude, project, extrude, jut or jut out, stick out, poke out; extend, excurse, obtrude, bulge, bilge, protuberate, Anat. protract; belly, bag, balloon, billow.